products
howto
retailer
philosophy
faq
testimonials
become
learn


















guarantee
news
blog
Home
Twitter YouTube Email
Order Now
Learning Center

Dangers Associated with Rat Poison


Rats can cause extensive damage to property and carry diseases and parasites.  Most people think of using rat poison to get rid of these rodents.  Before you decide to use this method, consider the dangers associated with rat poison.

Risk to Children

Leaving bait traps or containers with rat poison in areas occupied by children can lead to disastrous results.  Children are naturally curious, and an unfamiliar object attracts their attention.  Some rat poison comes in the shape of pellets, which looks like candy to children.  Even worse, the rat poison tastes sweet, giving children more reason to try it.  Incidents involving children eating rat poison have increased forty percent over the past ten years.  This is an alarming statistic.

Risk to Pets                                                                     3-quick-amp-easy-ways-to-protect-y

There is a large risk that your family pet will try to eat rat poison that is left unattended.  Pets can often reach objects that you think are out of reach.  There is always the chance that your pet will find the rat poison that you thought was well hidden.

Health Risks of Dead Rats

There are two types of rat poison:  anticoagulant and non-anticoagulant.  Anticoagulant rat poison, such as those made with warfarin, brodificoum, or bromadiolone, work by causing internal bleeding in rats.  This type of rat poison usually takes two to six days to kill a rat.  Non-anticoagulant rat poisons are usually made with zinc phosphide, bromethalin, or cholecalciferon.  These poisons can kill rats within a few hours.

Rat poison does not kill rats instantly, allowing them to travel back to their hiding places.  Sometimes this means they die inside your walls.  After a few days, this will cause a terrible odor.  This also means that you need to remove the dead rat.  Handling dead rats puts you at risk for contracting any number of diseases that the rats are carrying. 

Fresh Cab® is a Safe Alternative to Rat Poison

Fresh Cab® is a safe and effective way to get rid of rats without using poison.  There are no health or safety issues associated with using Fresh Cab®.  You can use it around children and pets with no worries.  Place the patented flow-through pouches on a surface or hang them near areas that rats use as entrances. 

The active ingredient in Fresh Cab® is balsam fir needle essential oil.  The inactive ingredients include corn cob chips and a mixture of more essential oils, including oils extracted from lemons, grapefruits, Spanish rosemary, and lavender.  The fragrance of this natural rodent repellent is pleasant to humans, but causes rats to leave the area. 

Labeled Safe and Effective by EPA

Fresh Cab® has the distinction of being the only plant-based rodent repellent recognized as safe and effective by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).   EPA registration requires extensive testing, so you can be assured that Fresh Cab® is a quality product. 

You can keep your family and pets safe and protect the environment by using Fresh Cab®, a 98% biodegradable botanical rodent repellent, to get rid of rats.

read-our-blog

Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a year
Secured by GeoTrust
Earth-Kind Home